Cammack Village is located on land originally owned by Wiley Dan Cammack. During the 1930s, Cammack allowed the land to be used for a Works Progress Administration roads project. Sometime before 1943, Cammack attempted to have the land annexed by the city of Little Rock but the city demurred, stating the land was “too far west”. Thereafter, Cammack turned the land over to a federally subsidized housing project designed to alleviate housing shortages at Camp Joseph T. Robinson, Little Rock’s primary National Guard base. The houses were laid out in rows and built with 870 square feet (81 m2) per unit, according to U.S. Army specifications for family housing. In order to provide for police and fire protection, Cammack pushed for the incorporation of the new neighborhood, which occurred on April 5, 1943.