Sanitation Billing Changes – Coming January 1st
Beginning January 1, 2020, Cammack Village will utilize Central Arkansas Water’s (CAW) billing system to provide citizens of Cammack Village with updated options for sanitation billing.
How will this impact me?
- Your quarterly sanitation fee will now appear as a monthly fee on your water bill that is paid each month to CAW.
- Your sanitation services will continue to include twice a week trash pickups, weekly yard waste pickups, every other week recycling pickups and a bulk pickup program.
- Beginning in January 2020, the rate for sanitation will increase $6 per month. Your CAW bill will reflect a rate of $26 per month. This $6 monthly increase is the first increase Cammack Village residents have seen since January 2013.
Why the rate increase on sanitation?
- The increased rate is due to inflation from 2013 to the present and to changes in the recycling industry. More specifically, China’s refusal of recyclable materials from the United States. This change to the recycling industry has affected rates all over the country. Cammack Village was able to work with Republic Services to delay the increase until January 1st when many cities around the country saw increases beginning in January 2019.
Why is this a good change for me? While we recognize this is a drastic change for all residents, this is a positive change for many reasons including:
- CAW is able to provide our residents with a professional billing service that can meet the growing demands of our city and do so at a cheaper rate than in-house billing.
- Billing options will now include online and paperless billing.
- Payment options will now include credit card and automatic bank draft in addition to check and cash.
- CAW and Cammack Village will continue to work together to provide convenient and up-to-date billing options
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the upcoming changes, please make plans to attend the next City Council Meeting on Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 6:00pm in City Hall. The meeting is open to the public.